Friday, May 19, 2017

Thank you and see you again...

The day we first met - Xiamen (Oct 2007)

I can't exactly remember when I first met you. It was love at first sight. It was chosen, given as a symbol of His love, to protect me wherever I go in whatever I do, and put in directly in front of me, face to face, and it'd became part of me thereafter.

You were mixed of personalities, colourful, clear, transparent, and opaque, complete with your imperfections with black dots at some parts, but yet clinged very well into my wrist and arm. It made me feeling safe, secure, accompanying my whole traveling and mundane life journey all over the world.

Your sound was loud and beautiful. Many recognised me from your sound. Even without the sight of me. You protected my bones, my skin, from those things I carelessly bumped into.

When you rubbed into my skin, they said you'd improve my blood circulation, making me always in good health, which I have always been feeling grateful with.

Until one day, when rain poured whole day, wetting the sea and sand, trees and flowers, shells and shelters. I walked hand-in-hand with my nephew on the block of wood. Little did I know that the green algae was on surface. It made the whole block slippery.

First, my nephew fell. I helped him getting up. Upon my next step, it was me who fell. As I fell, my left leg kicked the air. I felt it touched my nephew who fell down again for the second time. I felt pain in my butt as it hit that wood strongly. Amongst my unconsciousness, I was reflectively protecting my head from banging hard into the floor surface.

Thank you for being with me (Pic source: Google.com)

My first reaction was to check that my nephew was alright, especially his head. When I knew he was fine (he could even smile at me), I was relieved so much!!! Suddenly, I saw you lying helplessly, broken into two, with tears flowing on your eyes. Oh no!!! I'd hurt you accidentally. I'm sorry dear!!! I'm sorry...

People said that when you were broken when the owner was falling down, you'd sacrifice yourself to the owner's safety. It also a symbol to ward off the worse thing that was going to happen.

My first feeling knowing that you're gone was impermanence. That no matter how long we'd been together, no matter how we loved and felt comfortable with each other, one day one of us had to be separated, one of us had to die. I put you both together near to the block of wood where you sacrificed yourself and died. I left you there as someone came and immediately offered his hand to help me getting up. The rain was still pouring and it was getting heavier. We had to leave you there as we needed roof to protect us from the heavy rain.

Later on, when I returned back to get you, you'd already been gone. Someone might have thrown you into the bin. Haiz.... I felt sorry not to bury you properly or throw you into the sea to join the nature in a vast world. But you should know by heart that I always and will always feel grateful for your appearance in my life, for accompanying me for these past 10 years to wherever I go, in whatever I do, for keeping me safe and healthy, for your beautiful form and sound, for everything that you'd ever done to me. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

Our last photo together (11th May 2017) - Leebong Island, Belitung, Indonesia 

I would never be able to see you again but you'd always be in my heart, in the memory of my brain. My love for you is real and boundless. May I see you again in my next life...

P.S. This post is written to commemorate my lovely jade bangle, gifted by dad, who bought it in a shop at Xiamen, China, almost ten years ago (Oct 2010) when we visited the country together. He put it directly into my wrist and decided to buy it for me immediately. Later on I always wore it with me day and night, 24 hours a day, until I slipped and fell down at Leebong Island, at Belitung, Indonesia (11th May 2017).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...