Friday, June 19, 2015

2D1N Trip to Batam Island - Day 1

My hubby is always the happiest when traveling with me as I know best of what he loves. And the best thing is that he doesn't have to headache about anything. He just has to prepare his clothes, carry the bag, and follow me, his personal guide, as I would usually prepare the rest of the things in advance, and guide him all through the journey. This time, I brought him to revel in the 2-day-1-night getaway to Batam Island, Indonesia (the last time I went there was 7 years ago together with ex-colleagues - read about it here).

Short getaway to Batam :)

It's only an hour journey there by ferry from Harbourfront Terminal. You can directly purchase the ferry ticket at the terminal itself or buy and book it in advance as to prevent long waiting and run out of ticket situation.

As recommended, I ordered the ticket through someone from Carousel Apps. I met the person in Somerset, paid and collected the ticket, then booked the time slot through sms by sending them the intended departure time and our passport details. This way, we paid S$31 per person :)

Sindo Ferry Schedule 2015

My friend recommended me to stay in few areas, such as Nagoya Hill, Batam City Square (BCS), or just near the Batam Center terminal. I chose staying at Nagoya Hill; and from agoda.com, I booked Amaris Hotel as it was convenient, simple, clean, and it offered reasonable price of S$51.03 or US$37.83 per room per night, included the breakfast for two.

Our room @Amaris Hotel, Nagoya Hill - Batam

We took the 9am ferry and reached in less than an hour time. Although near, there was one hour time difference. So we reached Batam also around 9am. The nearest mall, Mega Mall, only opened at 10am. We ended up waiting inside the KFC and ate some snacks :)

There was XXI Cinema there but it's only opened at 11.30am. We decided to go for a hair spa first at  Salon Christopher. It cost me around S$19 (included S$2 tips) for hair spa (long hair) plus blow dry, and hubby around S$20 for hair spa and cut (both included head and shoulder massage). It's relaxing and at the same time spoiling our hair with treatment and love :)

Spoiled ourselves :)

Once done, we headed to cinema and bought our tickets. We decided to watch Jurassic World, and it cost only S$3 for 3D while normal one cost S$2.50!!! So shiok!!! (In Singapore, movie ticket cost about S$8.50 on weekdays and as expensive as S$13 on weekends while 3D movie cost S$12-14 each). That's why I seldom watch movie here in Singapore! While waiting, we had a quick lunch at A and W fast food joint. The fried chicken package was served with rice (very common in Indonesia) and root beer. I chose chicken with the soup package. The soup taste was so nostalgic, reminded me of my childhood time.

We headed to Nagoya Hill once movie was over. We checked in to our hotel then started browsing the Nagoya Hill shopping mall. It's amazing that so many shops and stalls selling almost the same things.

Ayam Penyet Ria at Nagoya Hill Batam

At 5pm we decided to have an early dinner. After going one round, we decided to eat at Ayam Penyet Ria. We went in and looked at their menu. Wow! It's so much cheaper compared with their stores in Singapore! The above was our order and it cost us only S$12!!! (In Singapore we might pay triple price for the same order!!!) I wished my son was here with us. We ate too much these one whole day and it's more than enough portions for 3 of us! :P

We shopped at Hypermart then went back to the hotel to take a rest. However, my hubby couldn't stay still until he got his supper on hand.

Martabak Sari Eco, Nagoya Hill - Batam 

At 9pm after getting directions from the hotel staffs, we walked outside the complex and got our Martabak Telor and Martabak Keju mixed with chocolate at Martabak Sari Eco. It cost S$2 and S$2.50 each! In Singapore the similar items cost triple!!! We had it with root beer and Bintang Beer - the local produced beer with lots of ice! ;)

Day 1 of enjoyment was finally over. It's finally time for us to rest and sleep. Read the day 2 trip here :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful trip to Indonesia, Rima. I heard life is beautiful there. Enjoy your vacation and make best out of these two days out there. Why didn't u take your son with u? haha. He must b missing the fun. lol

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Amrith! Indonesia is a big country! And beautiful, like you said! We enjoyed our trip for sure and yes, my son missed the fun, and of course, delicious food! :D Wish you have a wonderful weekend la! Take care! :)

rm said...

Your hubby is lucky to have a wanderlust wife like you. The gateaway seems fun. I hope you had a wonderful time, which is apparent here.

Lovely weekend to you.
xx

Uden said...

Hey ..sounds like relaxing and fun getaway. I will definitely go next time. :-)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you dear Rekha! I'm glad he enjoyed every trip I arranged with him :)

I wish you a wonderful weekend there too! Take care and have fun!!! ^^

Overcome Life said...

Indeed Uden! But please choose weekdays as lesser people better :) If you need any info, you can message me ^^ Have a lovely weekend la!

Gyembo Namgyal said...

Now I feel, I have been to Batam Island through your narratives.Looks like you are having a great time. Wish you a happy holiday.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you for going through Gyembo Sir! Wish you a wonderful weekend too! :)

TSHEWANG DORJI said...

Seems you are enjoying a lot travelling.happy weekend..;)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Tshewang! Same to you la! ;)

Flora said...

Wow beautiful times with your loving hubby! I enjoyed reading abt your arrangement and care for you hubby though the trip... Good that he follows you so well hahah!

Overcome Life said...

Hehehe... Yes la, we had great times together there ^^

Wonderweisz said...

Hi there. Could I know if the ferry you took was to batam center or sekupang? And from the megamall, did you hail a cab to get to amaris hotel? Thanks!

Overcome Life said...

It's to Batam Center and yes, I took cab to the Amaris Hotel :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...