Saturday, December 06, 2014

Reflection - A sunset journey at Punggol Waterway

This morning I met up with my cousin and his families who came from Jakarta. In one of our conversation his wife was asking me if I was still active cycling. Perhaps she was reading my previous blog posts or otherwise looking at my Facebook photos. Shyly I answered, "I hadn't done that for quite some time. Because of the recent rainy weather."

Ohhh... I blamed it to the rainy season. Actually that's only one of many other reasons. Lately I was catching up Korean drama after work, daily - Monday to Friday. Sometimes I continued watching other shows, such as: Chinese Idols, Korean Master Chef competition, etc. By the time it ended, I'd already been so tired. And the main reason was actually "lazy", as simple as that :P

But this evening, the weather was very good. The sky was bright and although no direct sunlight, I was pretty sure that the sun was there. Walking home in rush, I asked my hubby to check my bike. It's been inside our store room for months, needed a thorough check up before I used it.

As I called myself a "sunset catcher", I cycled fast and tried to get the sunset view. However, there was slight change in the sunset timing. It used to go down minutes before 7pm. Today it had already gone down around ten minutes before 7.

Although I couldn't get the direct sunset view, I still managed these following pictures, which I called "reflection". I tried to find inspiration from that word though. Too bad, nothing appeared on my mind during the whole journey.

However, I brought some thing when reached back home, which was "a clear and peaceful mind". Oh God, I loved it so much! Hope I can get up early tomorrow morning and do it all again. This time, I'm going to catch the sunrise!!! Wish me luck and enjoy the view below! ^^ Hope all of you had a great weekend as I did! :)

Glimpse of sunset at Punggol Waterway

"Life is only a reflection of what we allow ourselves to see"

"Love is the bridges between two hearts"

Last but not least...

Life is a journey. Live and let live :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You were incredible; wholesome I should call you. My best wishes that you catch the sunrise so that we get to see some more beautiful snap shots of sunrise like those of sun set; beautiful.Take care la.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Kipchu for your comment! It's the one who motivated me to wake up this morning and waiting for the sunrise :)

Hope you had a wonderful Sunday! :)

joyang dorji said...

Dear Rima Reyka,
hope you were able to catch the sunrise the next morning.
Just had a glimpse over your sunset photos...they were really beautiful and i could actually feel your feelings at that moment.
Incredible and just awesome..the moment you captured..and the very moments.
warm regards!!!

Overcome Life said...

Yes I did Joyang! You can find my post called Chronicle of Dawn ^^

Thank you for dropping by and reading my post and I hope you liked it! Take care la and have a wonderful week ahead! :)

Flora said...

Lovely views catch up charo, caption on the photos are really motivating

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Charo! Just like your comments here all the time, it too motivates me a lot to keep writing and sharing with you :)

Unknown said...

The very thought of starting cycling again is indeed a noble thought. Please do not let it just be there, do it every day and continue posting more beautiful pictures of both sunrise and sunsets.
All the best !!

Overcome Life said...

Thank you so much Tenzin for your encouragement! I appreciate it very much la :)

Wish you have a pleasant day! Take care! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...