Wednesday, October 01, 2014

A gift from Bhutanese blogger ;)

It's a very hectic day today in the office. Since morning until evening time I kept concentrating myself on the month-end closing. I didn't even go for a walk this afternoon like what I used to do after the meal.

I purposely rushed finishing my work so that I could go out from my office on time. I had an appointment to meet up with Tenzin who came to Singapore to attend the training. He brought a gift from someone you may know, a Bhutanese blogger who currently studies in CST, Phuentsholing, none other than Tshering Cheki :)

I knew her purely from her blog about a year ago. She loves to write poems and interesting short story. And this time, since Tenzin, her friend's fiance had a chance to come to Singapore, she took this great chance to pass me one of the well-known Bhutanese novels, The Circle of Karma, written by Kunzang Choden. Wow! It's a great addition to my Bhutanese book collection! Thank you so much la Cheki! :)

Too bad both Tenzin and I were both in hurry of doing other things or otherwise I would love to buy him tea or dinner before he and his friend left. But luckily they managed to visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple before my arrival so at least they could go there to convey their pray and message to the Buddha. I don't know about him. But for me, being able to look at the Buddha statue abroad made me feeling like home. It felt so close to heart. So familiar and warm :)

Thank you Tenzin for your time and effort in passing the gift to both of us. It's very kind of you to do that for us. I appreciate your help very very much la!

The Circle of Karma by Kunzang Choden

And thank you Cheki for your beautiful belated Birthday gift! I will try to read it soon and let you know how the story is.

I am glad that through blog, we've created a beautiful friendship here. As we share the same passion on reading and writing, gifting the book has been the best choice to make :)

8 comments:

sancha rai said...

nice write-up...impressive and best reflected...thanks

Thoughfolio said...

So sweet of Cheki. So Rima ma'am is awfully happy to receive gift of "The Circle of Karma." I read this book during my secondary school days, I infrequently remember its contents now but I have vivid picture of "Tshomo" the main protagonist of the novel. Happy Reading. Hope having good time with your beloved family members with sound in health. Take Care. :)

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Sancha! Have a great day! :)

Overcome Life said...

Indeed Ugyen, very sweet of her ;) Sure I'll enjoy reading it and have great time with my family members. Thank you Ugyen! Have a wonderful day to you too! Take care! :)

Tshering Chekii said...

It is my pleasure Ma'am and it was least thing I could send for your kindness and support. Your positive vibe always inspire me. Hope you will enjoy reading. Take care :D

Overcome Life said...

Actually you didn't have to do or send anything to me Cheki but I really appreciate your sincerity in gifting me this book. I'm glad if it does any help into your life. But it takes two hands to clap. It won't work with my effort alone. Therefore, keep up your positivity and thanks again for your lovely gift! Take care you too! :)

Unknown said...

Never thought I will be helping these two friends, young and dynamic bloggers (Tshering Cheki and Rima Reyka), in strengthening their beautiful friendship. It's nice knowing about them. I now appreciate the miracle of writing.

And yeah, it was nice meeting you, Rima Reyka.

Overcome Life said...

Thank you Tenzin! Btw, looks like you are good in writing. Maybe you can start blogging too! Hehehe....

Hope you enjoy your stay in Singapore and have lots of fun here! Take care! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...