Tuesday, January 07, 2014

You have the power to control your mind and attitude!!!


“You can’t have a better today if you’re still worrying about yesterday’s memories. Focus on the present; you have nothing to do with who you were in the past.

Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens. It will strip today of its joy. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time? Four years?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.

Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen. Focus on what you do want to happen.

Count your blessings, not your troubles, be really appreciative and happy with what you are and have.

Believe in yourself. Trust me, you have everything you need inside you. Do not ever give up!

It’s wonderful to read a positive advice, but when you feel down and have no trust in yourself or life, how do you apply “You have everything you need inside you?” Sounds powerful, but if you look at it from your current perspective, sounds unreal.

First, look at the situation and accept it. Tell yourself that you see it that way, it’s your perception. Accept responsibility, that’s the hard part. It’s so easy to see the faults in others or make them responsible for our current suffering.

Please remember, you have the power, you choose, you are always in control. Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

By Karina Loureiro

Last night before sleeping, I was watching the horoscope prediction for the upcoming horse year from Youtube. My friend shared the link in my Facebook. I thought, well, just listen, no harm. I listened to the prediction of each horoscope one by one from the beginning.

But the more I listened, the more negative my thinking was. Those surrounded me, especially rat, tiger, dog, and horse, are having not-so-good predictions. Suddenly I felt that the horse year would be gloomy, filled with troubles and difficulties ahead. Health, work, relationship, etc. I started worrying and felt the darkness. It affected my mood immediately. I felt so sad, miserable, in despair :(

This morning, I read back the message that my best friend sent to me. I just caught it in a glance when I first received it yesterday. It reads like this:

Every problem has a solution, if we perhaps change our “ATTITUDE”. It is therefore OUR ATTITUDE towards life and works that makes OUR LIFE 100% successful.


- Stay away from anger. It hurts… ONLY YOU!
- If you are right, then there is no need to get angry
- And if you are wrong, then you don’t have any right to get angry

- Patience with family is love
- Patience with others is respect
- Patience with self is confidence, and
- Patience with God is faith

- Never think hard about the PAST, it brings Tears
- Don’t think more about the FUTURE, it brings Fears
- Live in this moment with a SMILE, it brings Cheers

- Every test in our life makes us bitter or better
- Every problem comes to make us or break us
- The choice is ours whether we become victims or victorious

- Beautiful things are not always good but good things are always beautiful


- Do you know why God created gaps between fingers?
- So that someone who is special to you comes and fills these gaps by holding your hand forever

“Happiness keeps you sweet 
 But being sweet brings happiness :)”

I felt much better after reading it. Thank you my dear friend for the message that you gave to me. I will remind myself not to worry so much about the future that has not come yet. It’s our attitude that is important in determining our action.


When it comes, it comes. Let’s accept it and find solution. Be strong, be brave and keep the positivity in life. Most importantly, self-control in what you say and do. So, let’s be brave in facing the horse year ahead!!! Jia you!!! Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...