Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Deal or no deal

After new year... I've faced deal or no deal situations twice. First, when I had to decide.. whether to pay my ACCA subscription or not.. 'cos it's crucial to decide if I continue to study or not... And second one, Oops... I just did it again last nite.. No joke...
Actually yesterday nite, right after writing my previous blog, I was about going to sleep.. And before sleeping, I had a talk w/ my hubby regarding my grandma situation and whether I should fly to Surabaya or not.. Not long after that, my phone was ringing... I knew something must have happened... It was! My eldest sis called me to inform that my Grandma just passed away.. at 10.15pm Surabaya time. =( Not long after that, my Mom called me to inform me again.. and she asked me if I can attend the funeral or not.. At that time, I told her.. I might go over there this Friday.. as I thought I'm new in this job and can't take many urgent leave or whatsoever..
Then I thought it over.. Suddenly it flashed me back.. to the time when my Grandma was still staying in Jakarta.. in her old house.. when she stayed not faraway from my parents' house.. When she was healthy, she could walk freely by herself.. She could make 'pempek', 'popiah', or 'pastel', which all were my favourite food... And it was still in my mind when she attended my wedding party.. although it's faraway from the place she stayed...
I discussed it w/ my hubby... should I go today.. or wait until Friday. My hubby thought it was too rush for me to go over.. For me.. at first I was worrying about my job performance.. 'cos previously my boss told me not to take many unpaid or urgent leave as it will affect my job performance etc.. But then... again I think... job is just a job. If they think by taking leave to attend my grandma's funeral was bad for them... then forget it.. I can find other company to work for - if let say I'm not happy w/ their thinking... But.. If I don't attend her funeral.. I will miss a chance to see her again for the last time.. and no matter what.. family is still much more important than anything else in life.. So I told my hubby.. that I will sms my boss.. and find the ticket immediately.. Deal or no deal.. I hate this type of situation when I have to decide on something.. But I just follow my heart, for what I think is right and more important..
I smsed my boss immediately.. at 12am.. middle of the night. I told her that my Grandma passed away an hour ago and I need to attend her funeral. I need to take unpaid leave from Wed to Fri. Surprised for me, she replied me immediately and told me to go for it.. Not to worry (about the job) and take care.. Wow.. I felt very happy for her understanding.. and faster find the available ticket and managed to buy the Jetstar and will fly this afternoon. Thanks God!
Really thanks God for giving me chance to decide on what is right to do.. and this morning.. my Boss smsed me again.. saying that my compassionate leave will be until next Tuesday.. She asked me to do settle my thing and take care.. Again.. I feel very glad.. that she helped me to ease my pressure.. 'cos previously I thought I wouldn't be able to take the compassionate leave as I haven't been confirmed there.. but now.. she told me that.. which means.. I will still get paid for the days I won't be working... Now I can leave Singapore peacefully and settle all the necessary thing over there..
I thank my Hubby too for being understanding to me.. Actually now he needs me too as his mom is hospitalised now.. But he still lets me go to attend my Grandma's funeral.. And thank to my sis-in-law too for taking care my son when I'm not around these few days.. She has helped me lots in fetching my son to and from school.. taking care him when I went to work.. Thanks God for all people around me who has been helpful to me..
I'm going to prepare myself in minutes.. And will go to airport at 11am. My eldest sis has reached Surabaya this morning. She will arrange someone to fetch me later. It's my first time, I guess, to take plane there.. 'cos normally we went there by car.. My father would drive us during school holiday and passed by the city...
Surabaya, I'm coming..
Ema.. hopefully you can stay in peace in heaven... Be happy no matter where you are.. whatever condition you are.. And hope you can be born in better world.. in a happy family.. If got fate, next life we will meet again... Sadhu sadhu sadhu...

1 comment:

Kate Qiuyun said...

Rima,

Take care.. Send our regards to Raymond too. It must be very stressful for him now.

Love,
Wilvin and Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...